Select Page
Q: What should we do once we receive the diagnosis?

1. Contact first point of contact to request a registration package to get on the wait list for funded services.


2. Ask to be connected to services such as Speech Pathology or Occupational Therapy

3. Funding:

Fill out the Special Services at Home (SSAH) funding form through the Ministry of Children and Youth Services

French Link:…/SSAHApplication.pdf
English link:…/SSAHApplication.pdf

4. Contact Kelsey McDaniel at Autism Ontario, Ottawa Chapter.


Q: What should I do while I wait for funding and services?

Contact your local IBI/ABA private service providers.

Q: What is the difference between DSO and DFO?

DSO (Direct Service Option) means the IBI treatment is provided by a government program such as CHEO.

DFO (Direct Funding Option) means that the IBI treatment is provided by a third party. CHEO provides funds to the family to use towards the cost of IBI therapy at a private center. Families can also hire their own team with this method as long as the individuals on the team are approved.

Help make a difference in someone's life.  Donate to TIPES.