- What should we do once we receive the diagnosis?
- What should I do while I wait for funding and services?
- What is the difference between DSO and DFO?
Q:WHAT SHOULD WE DO ONCE WE RECEIVE THE DIAGNOSIS?
A:1. Contact first point of contact to request a registration package to get on the wait list for funded services.
2. Ask to be connected to services such as Speech Pathology or Occupational Therapy
Fill out the Special Services at Home (SSAH) funding form through the Ministry of Children and Youth Services
French Link: SSAHApplication.pdf
English link: SSAHApplication.pdf
4. Contact Kelsey McDaniel at Autism Ontario, Ottawa Chapter.
Q:WHAT SHOULD I DO WHILE I WAIT FOR FUNDING AND SERVICES?
A: Contact your local IBI/ABA private service providers.
Q:WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DSO AND DFO?
A:DSO (Direct Service Option) means the IBI treatment is provided by a government program such as CHEO.
DFO (Direct Funding Option) means that the IBI treatment is provided by a third party. CHEO provides funds to the family to use towards the cost of IBI therapy at a private center. Families can also hire their own team with this method as long as the individuals on the team are approved.