Q:What should we do once we receive the diagnosis?

A:1. Contact the CHEO Autism Program to request a registration package to get on the wait list for funded services.

Link: http://www.cheo.on.ca/En/autism

2. Contact OCTC for services such as Speech Pathology or Occupational Therapy

Link: http://www.octc.ca/autism.php

3. Fill out the Special Services at Home (SSAH) funding form through the Ministry of Children and Youth Services

French Link: http://www.children.gov.on.ca/htdocs/French/documents/topics/specialneeds/specialservices/SSAHApplication.pdf

English link: http://www.children.gov.on.ca/htdocs/English/documents/topics/specialneeds/specialservices/SSAHApplication.pdf

4. Contact Marnie Potter at Autism Ontario, Ottawa Chapter.

Email: Marnie@autismontario.com

Q:What should I do while I wait for funding and services?

A:Contact your local IBI/ABA private service providers.

Q:What is the difference between DSO and DFO?

A:DSO (Direct Service Option) means the IBI treatment is provided by a government program such as CHEO.

DFO (Direct Funding Option) means that the IBI treatment is provided by a third party. CHEO provides funds to the family to use towards the cost of IBI therapy at a private center. Families can also hire their own team with this method as long as the individuals on the team are approved.